Who are the people in your life who are difference makers? Who are the people who sharpen you? Who are the people who challenge you? Who are the people who call you up to a higher standard?
God brings people into our life who are influential friends, who give us positive instruction, who are a source of encouragement and accountability to us, who serve us gladly, and who help us overcome adversity.
That’s how God fills us up. But wait… there’s more! How else does God fill us up? By pouring us out in exactly the same way in someone else’s life.
Are you an influential friend to someone?
Are you a source of positive instruction?
Are you a source of encouragement and accountability?
Do you serve others according to your strengths?
Do you help others overcome adversity?
Let’s look at how Jesus poured His life into others…
- His earthly ministry touched thousands, yet He mentored only 12 guys.
- He gave His life on the cross for countless millions, yet during the 3½ years of His earthly ministry, He gave His life uniquely to 12 men.
- Jesus led a small group of 12 and mentored 3: Peter, James, and John.
Do you want God to use you to change this city? … to change the world? Look around you and see who would like to be discipled. Become a discipler.
As God to fill you up… and pour you out… and fill you up… and pour you out… and fill you up… and…
Here are some practical ways you can get started:
• Get in a small group… Start forming those friendships that develop into trusted relationships.
• Subscribe to Love Works with Chris and Karin Conlee and listen to our 7 podcasts on “Mentoring”.
• Subscribe to this blog and you’ll receive my recaps from this series and my notes about mentoring.
• Buy a couple copies of the Priority Time book and start going through it with a friend. Don’t make it complicated… just start doing it!